Green Spoon Sales is an established natural food and beverage sales agency. We represent the most disruptive and emerging food and beverage brands in the industry.
Driven by the desire to transform the retail landscape, our team helps brands gain access to retail stores and shelf space, in addition to driving sales through marketing and promotions.
Green Spoon Sales is looking for an Associate Key Account Manager - Whole Foods to assist our Whole Foods team.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with WFM and the category managers as well as distributors used (UNFI, etc.) in NE, NA, MA, and SE.
- Manage our principals’ current WFM assortment in your regions including tracking sales, growing velocities, closing voids, and securing key promotional opportunities.
- Provide suppliers with sound guidance and strategies to help their products be successful at WFM, including promotional recommendations.
- Work with our team to continuously improve effectiveness and productivity.
- Be proactive in supporting new store openings, retailer or distributor tabletops, and any other events or opportunities for our brands.
- Introduce new products from our brands according to their new item protocol, adhering to all requirements and deadlines.
- Develop positive and trusting relationships with all principal clients.
- Collect and distribute all WFM regional news and updates, both internal and external.
- Collaborate with Green Spoon leadership team to generate ideas for growing our principals’ business and make suggestions for improvement.
- Become the regional expert on doing business with WFM in your markets: NE, NA, MA, and SE.
- Present and receive buyer approvals for new lines/SKUs, promotional and seasonal opportunities, etc.
- Develop and work closely with UNFI representatives and any other distributors being used.
- Manage current assortment, growing the existing business and limiting loss of space/SKUs.
- Secure prime placement in planograms and on store shelves.
- Prepare and submit New Items Forms, One-Pagers, and any other ad hoc paperwork as requested on a consistent basis and by deadline.
- Secure key retailer appointments for our principals when possible.
- Attend retailer meetings with principals and collaborate on all paperwork and reporting (via phone, Zoom or in-person).
- Manage and oversee category review calendars that pertain to our principals and your account responsibilities.
- The ideal candidate is highly organized, proactive, adaptable, and nimble.
- Whole Foods experience strongly preferred.
- Key Account management experience preferred.
- College degree strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant natural foods or conventional grocery experience.
- Organic and natural experience preferred.